Instrumentation Maintenance Technician III (12 Hour Night Shift, 7pm - 7am)
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 3, 2019
The Instrumentation Maintenance Technician III performs
calibrations, repairs, complex trouble-shooting, assists in
redesign, enhancement of Instruments, and associated mechanical,
electrical, and computerized systems. This person adheres to
instrument calibration procedures and completes instrument
calibration records. The incumbent performs as a technical resource
for other plant maintenance organizations.
- Trouble shoot, diagnose and repair instrumentation breakdowns
in a prompt, skillful manner.
- Read PID and process diagrams; as well as, analog loop,
instrumentation, and electronic circuit diagrams.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC based process controls, basic ac
and dc electronic circuits, diagnose and remedy machine breakdowns
in a prompt skillful manner, to minimize instrument/equipment
- Prioritize equipment downtime issues.
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration activities so as to
- Use electrical testing equipment including multi-meters,
oscilloscopes, signal generators, loop calibrators, and power
supplies in a safe manner.
- Make recommendations regarding improved
- Perform calibrations of production and/or facility equipment
- Implement design enhancements that increase reliability of
- Professionally interface with production, validation,
maintenance, and management colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3-4 years of
manufacturing plant maintenance/shop experience OR AS/AA or
technical certificate program with 1-2 years of manufacturing plant
maintenance/shop experience OR BS/BA degree in a relevant field of
- Must have knowledge of general trades: i.e. construction,
electrical, machine shop.
- Instrumentation Maintenance Technician III certification
requires successful completion of an instrumentation skills test
after 6 months on the job.
- Excellent communication skills using the English language.
- Ability to read, write, and develop Instrument Calibration and
Preventative Maintenance procedures.
- Ability to complete Instrumentation Calibration Records in
Computerized Calibration Management System.
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory, methods of measurement
(metrology) as pertains to calibration of process and facilities
instrumentation/equipment, electrical power equipment (primarily
low voltage), including transformers, breakers, bus ducts, and
motor control centers (MCC)
- Must have accomplished knowledge in 6 of the following areas
with concentrated knowledge in 4:
- Electrical control systems
- Electronic control systems
- Pneumatic control systems
- Calibration systems
- HVAC/refrigeration systems
- Welding (SS)/high purity systems
- Machining systems
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Fluid systems
- Computer systems
- Controls/PLC Systems
- Ensures adherence to all plant safety rules in area of
Lifting (up to 50 pounds), sitting, standing, walking, bending,
climbing ladders, ability to perform mathematical calculations as
related to problem solving and troubleshooting components, ability
to perform complex data analysis, and ability to perform computer
data entry. Incumbent must be fit tested, maintain physical
conditions and be required to wear proper PPE/environmental gowning
as required. Must adhere to safe work practices. Train on all
required procedures and qualify for aseptic gowning.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This role is a 12-hour night shift role, 7pm - 7am, on a rotating
2/2/3 schedule. Must be able to work overtime as required including
weekends, off-shift, staggered-shift, holidays, shutdowns,
projects, and as required. Must be available for on-call work as
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 13 NOVEMBER 2019
- Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Instrumentation Maintenance Technician III (12 Hour Night Shift, 7pm - 7am), Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!