Chemical Quality Lab Analyst I, Weekend Shift
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: September 14, 2019
The Chemical Quality (CQ) Lab Analyst I will perform basic analysis
for raw materials, in process and/or finished products in a safe,
compliant, and efficient manner. The job responsibilities include:
performing wet chemistry and analytical testing to evaluate the
quality of the incoming raw materials and analyze the finished
product to demonstrate that the quality of our products meet the
high standards of quality; reporting testing results through
computerized systems, or through standard laboratory paper-based
documentation; performing other related duties essential to these
operations or special assignments as required.
- Consistently adheres to company, site, and laboratory safety
rules and immediately raises any safety issues with supervision as
soon as they are identified.
- Follows procedures at all times, adopting Current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Current Good Documentation
- Follows direction provided by supervisor/management.
- Able to function independently, but asks questions as
- Accepts dynamic work sequences.
- Actively participates in daily and weekly planning discussions
with his/her teammates and supervision (as needed), offering
suggestions to improve Right First Time and schedule adherence as
- Consistently communicates work sequence status to supervisor in
a timely manner.
- Actively participates in discussions to identify opportunities
for correction and improvement when scheduled work has not been
- Demonstrates engagement in helping to achieve CQ laboratory,
team, and individual goals.
- When faced with roadblocks and issues, routinely offers
suggestions for improvements.
- Is a positive influence on the CQ laboratory, often going out
of his/her way to support and assist teammates on the same shift
- Has understanding of basic non-instrumental wet chemistry
techniques, Manual Titrations, pH, Conductivity, Autotitrations,
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science required.
Masters Degree preferred.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience required.
- Willingness to learn and develop a career in the pharmaceutical
- Capability to read, understand, and execute instructions in
basic laboratory procedures.
- Experience in parenteral drug product pharmaceutical
manufacturing is plus but not required.
- Successful hands-on analytical testing experience in a GMP
environment is plus.
Stand up for up to 8 hours, sit for up to 8 hours, walking,
climbing stairs, responding to visual warning indicators, respond
to audible warning indicators, respond to color or special visual
indicators, wear specialized protective clothing (lab coat, safety
glasses, gloves, face shield/goggles, apron), repetitive use of
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This role is Weekend Shift: Friday - Monday, 800am - 630pm. Hours
outside of assigned shift may be needed to support business
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse your name, address and the amount of payments made
currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions
regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your
Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 17 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus4 (Weekend) (United States
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Chemical Quality Lab Analyst I, Weekend Shift, Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!