Maintenance Technician II, Utilities (12 hr Night Shift)
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: September 13, 2019
- Reads and interprets detailed blueprints and schematics; as
well as, reads basic electrical and relay logic diagrams.
- Uses electrical testing equipment including multimeters,
current meters, meggers etc. in a safe manner. Uses tools such as
portable saws, shears, brake, drill press and various other power
and manual tools.
- Remedy machine breakdowns in a prompt skillful and safe manner,
minimizing machine downtime.
- Makes useful recommendations regarding improved machine
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of Utility and
- Operate & maintain utility equipment such as Air Compressors,
WFI pretreatment WFI Stills, High purity water distribution
systems, steam distribution systems, chillers and chilled water
- Function as a liaison between the Utility Department and site
wide business partners.
- Interprets and understand mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoots basic ac and dc components. (Example: relays,
- Reads and understand basic electrical schematics.
- Resolves and setup maintenance issues.
- Coordinates maintenance and PM activities with production
personnel to minimize downtime.
- Operate Utility Equipment and forecast needs based on customer
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school diploma /GED with a minimum of 2 years of
manufacturing plant maintenance/shop experience is required, or an
Associate's Degree in a technical field is required
- Knowledge of the general trades: i.e., construction,
electrical, machine shop. Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Must understand mathematic formulas as it relates to problem
solving and troubleshooting the preceding components
- Must know general shop safety practices including handling and
storage of potentially dangerous equipment
- Course work or equivalent experience in the general or specific
areas of electromechanical technology is preferred
- A thorough working knowledge of electromechanical systems is
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) is
- Working knowledge of Pharma Utility systems and operations is
- Stand up to 8-12 hours per shift, sit for up to 2-4 hours per
shift, twist at waist 10 times per hour, regularly lift up to 20
pounds per activity 5 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum
of 50 pounds per activity 1 time per shift, walk, climb stairs,
climb ladders/walk on catwalks
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- 12 hour night shift, 7:00 pm - 7:00 am on 3/2/2/ schedule in R1
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 9/19/2019
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
R (Rotating) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Maintenance Technician II, Utilities (12 hr Night Shift), Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!