BQ Lab Analyst I -- 12 hr. Day Shift
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: September 9, 2019
The BQ Lab Analyst I perform analyses following specified
instructions from supervisor, SOP's, and analytical procedures.
Reports testing results through the Laboratory Information
Management System (LIMS), other computerized systems, or through
standard laboratory paper-based documentation. Calculates results
and compares to specification limits.
- Must be able to perform microbiological or chemical procedures
as required within the work area
- Perform instrumental and automated methods utilizing prescribed
procedures and techniques.
- Can work with potent drug powders and lasers.
- Complete all testing including special project/ protocol
testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Generates valid data, reports results in appropriate database
compared to established specifications while adhering to
- Compares laboratory results with specifications for
acceptability and determines if repetition or OOS is required.
- Maintains equipment and trouble shoots instrumentation
problems, procedural problems or production problems.
- Participates in functions involving teams which impact
production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost
savings and improve quality.
- Ensures safety, housekeeping, and compliance are
- Inform supervision immediately if lab results do not meet
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor and
self-motivated/work with minimal direction.
- BS/BA degree required preferable in Biology or related.
- Minimum 1-year laboratory experience or related
- Aseptic Gowning Certification required and can be obtained once
- Standing up to 3-4 hours, sitting for up to 5-6 hours, twisting
at waist 2 times per hour, regularly lift up to 10 pounds per
activity 10 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum of 50
pounds per activity 2 times per shift.
- Use computer terminal 2 hours per shift, work with chemicals,
work with biological materials, wear PPE (safety shoes/glasses,
- Comprehend mathematical concepts such as logarithms, algebraic,
conversions, fractions, decimals, and rounding.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Primary schedule 12-hour day shift (7am to 7pm) rotating 2-2-3
- Overtime is required as needed - Must be available to work a
temporary flexible schedule to meet business needs.
- Safe work practices are a requirement and expectation.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse your name, address and the amount of payments made
currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions
regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your
Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 11 September 2019
- Employee Referral Bonus EligibleR (Rotating) (United States of
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , BQ Lab Analyst I -- 12 hr. Day Shift, Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!