Senior Maintenance Engineer
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment. Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right. Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity in Rocky Mount, North Carolina for a Senior Maintenance Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Plans and executes the preventive, predictive, and condition based maintenance of production equipment.
- Attends to breakdowns, diagnoses faults, and oversees equipment improvements and time-critical repairs.
- Oversee the work of teams of maintenance personnel, including technicians.
- Manages spare parts inventory and may use a computerized maintenance management system.
- Manage maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies.
- Leads Facilities, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering on problem identification, trouble shooting and equipment issue resolution and repair.
- Performs complex equipment engineering design evaluations; recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Establish preventative maintenance processes to ensure equipment is available and capable.
- Coaches line employees on maintenance procedures.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Maintenance Engineers Skills: Electrical System Troubleshooting - This skill involves being familiar with the national, state, and local electrical codes that apply to their facility. It also involves the ability to design and repair facility and machine electrical systems while utilizing the required safety procedures. Can design and troubleshoot facility and machine electrical systems. Understands safety requirements and lockout/tag out procedures and uses them at all times. Routinely references national, state and local electric codes. Contractor Management - The method of managing contractors is an extension or supplement to in-house resources. Dispenses and reviews subcontractor handbook, reviews Cummins safety and security procedures, incident reporting procedures. The creation and communication of the project plan (work instructions) to the contractor, the tracking of work performed, equipment modified, updates of drawings, etc. Extensive experience using the standard operating procedures. Can communicate with contractors regarding the contractor's manual and site safety procedures. Can assure the proper permits have been obtained and that a job plan with clear deliverables has been created prior to the start of work. Asset Utilization Management - Method of management of equipment which incorporates business objectives such as asset availability, product quality and overall equipment efficiency (OEE). Incorporates output to drive business decisions regarding staffing, equipment replacement / rebuilds, and redundant plant. Utilizes metrics such as Maintenance cost as a percent of RAV (replacement asset value), stocked indirect material, repair parts, and operational supplies as a percent of RAV. Capable of calculating OEEs. Uses OEE data in decision making regarding improvements in maintenance plan versus equipment renovation. Utilizes Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF), Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) data to adjust maintenance plan. Uses efficiency data and utilization data to influence decisions. Maintenance Reliability Engineering - Failure management strategies, including predictive (PdM), preventative (PM), and conditional maintenance, ratings/deratings of components to optimize useable life of components to meet specific needs based on the concepts of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and other quantitative techniques to choose the specific technology to be use to lower the probability of failure to acceptable limits. When failures do occur, Reliability Engineering techniques included are Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Analysis, FMEA. Utilizes Reliability Engineering techniques to shape the maintenance plan for an entire section of plant. Utilized multiple techniques to develop and revise maintenance plans. Utilizes Reliability Engineering to assist in failure analysis and revision of plans. Equipment / Capital Procurement - Understanding the requirements for purchasing tools and equipment according to Cummins Production Equipment Specifications. Capital purchases require the approval of a Request for Capital Appropriations (RFA) which includes justification of the project from a financial/ strategic standpoint and must be completed in a specific format defined by the documented procedure. Thorough understanding of the Cummins Production Equipment Specifications. Significant experience in purchasing tools and equipment. Has written significant Request for Capital Appropriations (over $100K). Electrical Safety - Knowledge of related legislation, policies, procedures, and safety concerns related to electrical safety. Identification and control of electrical hazards, knowledge of lock out/tag out requirements, and electrical safety (including NFPA 70E requirements and electrical protection devices such as highly sensitive differential circuit breakers, fuses, etc.). Develops and implements a comprehensive electrical safety program. Factory Automation And Control Systems - Understanding of the closed loop control of factory automation systems. Can design and implement new loop and motion control solutions. Can specify equipment and materials for a project. Able to help with installation, startup, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance and operation. Project Management - Capable of effectively managing complex projects with little to no guidance Experience:
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- Technical Manufacturing experience required
- Previous Machining experience with Diesel engines preferred Education, Licenses, Certifications College, university, or equivalent degree required. Compensation and Benefits Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
Keywords: Cummins, Rocky Mount , Senior Maintenance Engineer, Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!