North America Production Line Operator
Company: Prysmian Group
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Cables Production Operator2nd or 3rd Shift
JOB DESCRIPTIONManufacturing Operator
- Must function as a team player.
- Work with all associates on all shifts to ensure a smooth flow
- Work with team as needed to achieve maximum set-up efficiency
- Interpret engineering and production operation instructions,
production schedules, QC test instructions and materials
- Must be able to operate independently of supervisory
- Ability to change priorities in order to maintain production
- All machine operators are expected to learn and cross-train on
all equipment in their department.
- Must be proficient in all areas related to cable
- Perform material movement in SAP system
- Completion of quality checksheets and production reports
This description will cover most significant duties performed, but
does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
This job is designed to encompass a range of concurrent and
relatively equal responsibilities.
- Color perception required.
- Previous manufacturing experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds and apply strength to move
reels in excess of 100 pounds.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time -
which may be intermittent at times
- Ability to climb up and down steps to perform critical job
functions - which may be intermittent
- Ability to use small hand tools repetitively as needed to
perform basic job functions.
- Complete cross training in all functions within the
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards within the
Forklift, PC Terminal, calculator, bar coding equipment. Other
support equipment includes shop and wooden reels, power hoists,
supply carts, band mikes, micrometers, cable cutters, various hand
tools, wire scrappers, and housekeeping equipment.
Draka Elevator/Prysmian Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract
and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and
abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute
to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the
development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where
people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their
human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity
drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of
the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market
opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and
shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of
equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a
focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their
efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job
requirements. Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR
Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are
respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and
stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for
the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the
organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off
our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Your application data will be treated according to our Data
Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please
contact us at .
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Rocky Mount , North America Production Line Operator, Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!