Company: Prysmian Group
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Maintenance associate for plant electrical and mechanical
repairs / PMsPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Responsibilities listed below cover some of the significant duties
performed, but do not exclude other occasional work assignments not
- Troubleshoot and repair inoperative equipment returning it to
proper working order in a minimum amount of time.
- Fabricate parts or make repairs using standard shop equipment.
- Standard shop equipment should include but not be limited to
lathe, milling machine, welding equipment, band saw, dripp press,
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on facility and plant
equipment following written procedures and maintaining proper
- Document maintenance activities on printed work orders and
electronic notifications within the SAP system. - Use SAP to find
necessary replacement parts within the stockroom.
- Assist in project work such as equipment installation,
upgrades, and modifications.
- Attend necessary operations and safety training classes.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by submitting ideas and
performing team tasks.
- Perform mathematical computations to determine voltage,
current, and resistance in electrical systems.
- Layout and perform plant electrical wiring and repair in
accordance with the National Electrical Code.
- Calibrate heat controllers, pressure gauges, and other process
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Two year associate degree in a mechanical, electrical, or other
maintenance related field is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent with certifications or
licenses in related mechanical, electrical, or maintenance
disciplines is required.
- Two years experience in industrial maintenance or equivalent
technical training is required.
- English: Proficient in reading, writing and verbal
- Applicant must be able to read mechanical and electrical
drawings and schematics.
- Applicant must be familiar with shop equipment and safety
- Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of electrical systems
including: power and control wiring, AC and DC motors, and
- Applicant must have a thorough understanding of electrical
codes and safety procedures.
- Applicant must have normal color perception.
- Applicant must have a valid driver's license from a state
within the US.
- Applicant must be able to operate the following: - multimeter,
amp probe, megohmmeter, calibration equipment, lathe, milling
machine, drill press, plasma cutter, band saw, forklift, pipe
bending equipment, pipe cutter/threader, grinder, cut off saw,
metal shears, welding equipment, small power and hand tools,
micrometers, depth gauges, dial and digital calipers, and
- SAP and Office tools; basic math skills.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract
and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and
abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute
to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the
development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where
people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their
human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity
drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of
the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market
opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and
shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of
equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a
focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their
efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job
requirements. -Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR
Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are
respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and
stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for
the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the
organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off
our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Your application data will be treated according to our Data
Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please
contact us at .
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Rocky Mount , Maintenance Associate, Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!