Instrumentation Technician III (12 Hour Night Shift, 7pm - 7am)
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Why Patients Need You The Instrumentation Tech III performs
calibrations, repairs, complex troubleshooting, assists in
redesign, enhancement of Instruments, and associated mechanical,
electrical, and computerized systems. What You Will Achieve This
person adheres to instrument calibration procedures and completes
instrument calibration records. The incumbent performs as a
technical resource for other plant maintenance organizations. How
You Will Achieve It
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair instrumentation breakdowns in
a prompt, skillful manner.
- Read PID and process diagrams; as well as, analog loop,
instrumentation, and electronic circuit diagrams.
- Troubleshoot and Repair PLC based process controls, basic AC
and DC electronic circuits, diagnose and repair machine breakdowns
in a prompt skillful manner, to minimize instrument/equipment
- Prioritize instrument/equipment downtime issues.
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration activities to prevent
- Use electrical testing equipment including multi-meters,
oscilloscopes, signal generators, loop calibrators, and power
supplies in a safe manner.
- Make recommendations regarding improvements to
- Perform calibrations of production, lab, and/or facility
instrument/equipment without supervision.
- Implement design enhancements that increase reliability of
- Professionally interface with manufacturing, laboratory,
validation, maintenance, and management colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- High school/GED with manufacturing plant maintenance/shop
experience -or- an AS/AA or BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in a
technical field may also be considered in lieu of experience. Must
have knowledge of general trades: i.e. electrical/electronic and
- Instrumentation Tech III certification requires successful
completion of an instrumentation skills test after 3 months on the
- Excellent communications skills using the English
- Ability to complete Instrumentation Calibration Records in
Computerized Calibration Management System.
- Ability to read, write, and develop Instrument Calibration and
Preventative Maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory, methods of measurement
(metrology) as pertains to calibration of process, lab, and
facilities i strumentation/equipment, and electrical power
equipment (primarily low voltage), including transformers,
breakers, bus ducts, and motor control centers (MCC).
- Ensures adherence to all plant safety rules in area of
- Mathematical calculations as relates to calibration and
- Must have accomplished knowledge in 6 of the following areas
with concentrated knowledge in 4:
- Electronic control systems.
- Pneumatic control systems.
- Calibration systems.
- HVAC/refrigeration systems.
- Welding (SS)/high purity systems.
- Machining systems.
- Electro-mechanical systems.
- Fluid systems.
- Computer systems.
- Controls/PLC Systems. Nice-to-Have
- 1-2 years of experience with an AS or Technical degree or
- BS degree with no experience. Physical / Mental requirements
Physical/mental requirements include: Lifting (up to 50 pounds),
sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing ladders, ability to
perform mathematical calculations as related to problem solving and
troubleshooting components, ability to perform complex data
analysis, and ability to perform computer data entry. Incumbent
must be fit tested, maintain physical conditions and be required to
wear proper PPE/environmental gowning as required. Must adhere to
safe work practices. Train on all required procedures and qualify
for aseptic gowning. Non-standard work schedule, travel or
environment requirements Non-Standard Work Schedule or Environment
Requirements include: This role is a 12-hour night shift role, 7pm
- 7am, on a rotating 3/2/2/3 schedule. Must be able to work
overtime as required including weekends, off-shift,
staggered-shift, holidays, shutdowns, projects, and as required.
Must be available for on-call work as needed.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise Other job details:
- Last date to apply for job: November 18, 2022.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes. #LI-PFE Relocation
assistance may be available based on business needs and/or
eligibility. Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As
required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for
Reasonable Accommodations. Sunshine Act Pfizer reports payments and
other transfers of value to health care providers as required by
federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations.
These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government
agencies with information such as a health care provider's name,
address and the type of payments or other value received, generally
for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and
statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to
pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed
physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the
federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act.
Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting
expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or
reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made
currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions
regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your
Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Engineering This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Rocky Mount , Instrumentation Technician III (12 Hour Night Shift, 7pm - 7am), Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!