Outbound Routing Analyst
Company: McLane Company
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: September 21, 2022
This position is responsible for the daily routing of McLane
deliveries. Analysts work with the planned routing and adjust
routes to meet customer expectations, optimize delivery miles and
fleet utilization.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL
- Complete daily, cyclical, and seasonal routing using provided
- Create baseline data and full routing complement to
Transportation Supervisors and Managers using routing software
- Develop summarized reports and conduct analysis of
transportation performance to key executives throughout the
- Analyze and summarize transportation systems software data and
routing software data to assess expected and actual performance to
- Continually improve the routing process to reduce miles,
improve customer estimated times of arrival, and reduce the overall
workload within the department. -
- Provide transportation systems support, best practices,
metrics, and reporting.
- Provide daily metrics for reporting and work with actual
performance data to improve on-time performance by adjusting
planned routing models to reflect new data points and actual
- Coordinate with local transportation leadership to ensure
drivers and asset utilization.
- Communicate with local DC Customer service to ensure that we
are meeting customer on time performance objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Have a bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain/Logistics,
Transportation, Industrial Engineering, or a related field.
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience in dispatching,
freight management/brokerage, or process engineering. -
- Knowledge of routing software is a plus. -
- An understanding of fleet tracking software (PeopleNet
knowledge a plus). -
- Have a solid working knowledge of data management tools,
including databases and spreadsheets (particularly SQL, Access, and
Excel); be functional with other Microsoft Office programs (Word,
- Be able to provide 24-7 transportation systems support.WORKING
- Office environment.
- Up to 10% travel required.Candidates may be subject to a
background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable
laws.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: McLane Company, Rocky Mount , Outbound Routing Analyst, Professions , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!