Sr. Electrical Engineer
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 8, 2019
ROLE SUMMARY This engineer will have responsibility for maintaining
and improving power distribution systems at a large pharmaceutical
manufacturing site. This person will analyze existing power
distribution systems for compliance, reliability and efficiency
improvement needs and subsequently implement improvements in
testing/qualification, maintenance practices and procedures. A
primary role of this engineer will be managing a team of
technicians for maintenance and on-going testing and qualification
of the sites power distribution systems. This engineer will be
responsible for recommending capital improvements and upgrades as
well as coordinating engineering, validation, manufacturing and
quality teams to assure upgrades are appropriately planned,
budgeted and implemented. Key goals for this engineer will be
improving robustness and reliability of the site power distribution
The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge and experience
in design, maintenance and qualification of power distribution
systems in a large pharmaceutical manufacturing site. Excellent
supervisory skills and the ability to effectively manage work in a
dynamic environment are required. The position will support
manufacturing operations in troubleshooting and resolving issues,
implementing effective corrective and preventive actions and
minimizing electrical related operational issues. This position
will identify and achieve cost and energy reduction goals through
engineering projects. This position will also support development
of long range plans for site infrastructure and system
- Update and maintain current plant electrical system
preventative maintenance program including Arc Flash, IR scans,
breaker testing, etc.
- Provide guidance to project engineering and other departments
as the plant Subject Matter Expert on the power distribution system
and provide electrical engineering recommendations and support to
current and future projects.
- Identify and implement reliability improvements and upgrades to
the power distribution system.
- Trend, coordinate and implement energy reduction efforts.
- Provide direction for plant electricians.
- Coordinates maintenance and PM activities with site personnel
to minimize downtime.
- Manage electrical engineering effort to meet schedule and
- Responsible for electrical drawings, specifications, and
- Circuit protection device selection and coordination.
- Formulate and recommend electrical improvements & modifications
to improve efficiency.
- Responsible for power distribution system including but not
limited to: substations, emergency generators, UPS systems,
lighting, motor control centers, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
discipline with minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant
- Thorough knowledge of electrical engineering principles and
engineering best practices.
- Working knowledge of power system design and
- Working knowledge of the NFPA 70 and related regulatory
- Working knowledge of power distribution and lighting system
engineering and design up to 15kv.
- Ability to generate effective reports and presentations
utilizing standard MS tools such as Project, PowerPoint, Excel &
Word is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to
effectively communicate at all levels within the organization is an
- High level of adaptability and foresight for innovative
approaches to problem solving.
- Work experience in a regulated industry is preferred.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last date to apply: 111/18/2019
- Additional Location Information: Rocky Mount, NC
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Sr. Electrical Engineer, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!