Maintenance Tech II - SVP Finishing - Day Shift - Rocky Mount
Company: Pfizer Canada Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: June 4, 2019
ROLE SUMMARY The Maintenance Technician II performs maintenance,
preventative maintenance, changeovers, adjustments,
troubleshooting, minor and major repair of production and process
equipment, the general facility, and utility equipment. This
position must adhere to all SOPs, cGMPs, and plant quality, safety,
and documentation systems requirements. Other related duties
essential to these operations or special assignments as required.
This position assures electrical and mechanical systems function
adequately to minimize down time. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads and interprets detailed blueprints, schematics, basic
relay logic diagrams and ladder logic.
- Must be able to operate a milling machine to drill, bore,
surface mill and key and size (shape).
- Must be able to use a lathe to bore, drill, turn, face and
- Must be able to use a surface grinder for high precision close
tolerance fit and for dies and tooling.
- Must be able to use electrical testing equipment including
multimeters, clamp-on current meters, meggers etc. in a safe
manner. Must be able to use various tools such as; portable saws,
shears, brake, punch press, drill press and various other
- Must be able to remedy machine breakdowns in a prompt skillful
manner, minimizing machine downtime.
- Must be able to make useful recommendations regarding improved
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of production and
or facility equipment.
- Knowledgable of general shop safety practices including
handling and storage of potentially dangerous equipment.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Ensuring adherence to all plant safety rules in area of
- Knowledgable of troubleshooting basic ac and dc components.
(Example: relays, motors, sensors)
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 2 years manufacturing plant maintenance/shop experience
required. Preferred Qualifications
- Associates Degree (or equivalent) in a technical field in the
general or specific areas of electromechanical technology may be
considered in lieu of experience. PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must know Mathematic formulas as it relates to problem solving
and troubleshooting the preceding components
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow detailed written
instructions. Interprets and understand mechanical drawings.
- Use computer terminal 1 hour per shift, work on knees
occasionally, respond to visual warning indicators, respond to
audible warning indicators, respond to color or special visual
indicators, work around moving equipment, work with chemicals, work
in hearing conservation area. Change in to clean room garments 2-3
times per shift.
- Stand up to 8-12 hours per shift, sit for up to 2-4 hours per
shift, twist at waist 10 times per hour, regularly lift up to 20
pounds per activity 5 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum
of 50 pounds per activity 1 time per shift, walk, climb stairs,
climb ladders/walk on catwalks NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL
OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Primarily will work 7am 7pm schedule.
- May be required to work on non-scheduled days for production
and training purposes. EEO & Employment Eligibility Pfizer is
committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of
employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or
veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national,
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as
well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification
requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Pfizer is an E-Verify employer. Sunshine Act Pfizer reports
payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as
required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing
regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide
government agencies with information such as a health care
providers name, address and the type of payments or other value
received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal
review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer
intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse your name, address and the amount of payments made
currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions
regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your
Talent Acquisition representative. Additional Offer Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 31 May 2019
- Relocation Package Available
- Employee Referral Bonus Eligible 1 (First Shift) (United States
of America) Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies
with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in
each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Canada Inc., Rocky Mount , Maintenance Tech II - SVP Finishing - Day Shift - Rocky Mount, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!