QA Specialist - Night Shift (7pm - 7am)
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: May 12, 2019
The QA Specialist is the primary contact for quality on the
production floor. This role will monitor production processes for
compliance to cGMP standards. He/She will perform and document the
appropriate testing and inspection results in order to support
- Must verify critical product labeling information such as lot
and list number, expiration date, product description, and
manufacturing date (if applicable).
- Must obtain a representative number of samples from the
production line for visual inspection. Based on the product
requirements, the samples may also require physical testing.
- Must obtain samples that are required for long term storage for
stability testing and annual retention inspection.
- Must execute functional testing, physical testing, and product
inspections when required per an approved procedure.
- Must adhere to all safety and health practices and
- Must be certified as a controlled drug agent (CDA).
- Candidate must be able to act with ownership in their areas of
- Candidate should be able be proactive with preventing delays
and/or downtime of equipment.
- Ensure adherence to all plant safety rules in the area of
- Candidate must perform other related assignments and duties as
required and assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma with a minimum of 1+ years of
related experience in an FDA regulated industry (preferably in
quality assurance or quality control) with knowledge to provide
guidance on quality related concerns. A Bioworks Program
certificate may be used in the place of the work experience.
- Must possess the basic knowledge of cGMPs and FDA requirements
and computer skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and
communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have a proven ability to work with minimum
May require lifting up to 35 lbs., sitting, standing for periods of
up to 90 minutes, walking, bending for extended periods of time,
and performance of repetitive motions for up to 60 minutes. Must
also be able to perform mathematical calculations and some data
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Weekend and overtime work is required to meet the 12 hour shift
schedule. The position is required to adhere to all safety policies
and procedures along with cGMP, regulatory requirements, internal
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Pfizer policies and
standards. Travel for this position is minimal.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse your name, address and the amount of payments made
currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions
regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your
Talent Acquisition representative.
OTHER JOB DETAILS:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: May 23, 2019
- Additional Location Information: Rocky Mount, NC.
- Eligible for Employee Referral BonusN (Other) (United States of
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , QA Specialist - Night Shift (7pm - 7am), Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!