Material Handler - Rocky Mount, NC
Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: May 11, 2019
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an
international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and
power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around
the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and
equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and
manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early,
and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first
practical method to control electricity through the pull chain
socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in
reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million
products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is
committed to continually innovating solutions that work,
transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we
Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture
of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is
deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility
purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the
business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage
transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used
by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil
construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical
infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to
millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an
option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising
integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our
partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to
ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale
of electrical and electronic products in the United States and
internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power,
and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for performing physical tasks to maintain an efficient
product flow, utilizing lean management principles, quality
initiatives, and safety protocol, which will involve assembling,
loading, storing, locating, documenting and distributing stock
within areas as designated
This position is a night shift 12 hours per day
Work hours 7:20pm - 7:30am
Working 4 nights per rotating cycle
Pay: $12.30/hr plus $1.00/hr night shift differential
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Duties and Responsibilities
* Transport goods and supplies using forklift, and other
* Pick and pack products to load and/or distribute into warehouse
stock via forklift or pallet jack
* Inspect trailers and contents to ensure they are safe to
load/unload and all guidelines are followed
* Ability to read production work orders/blue prints and assemble
product as assigned
* Documenting and maintaining inventory and ensuring production
area organization and cleanliness.
* Assist production and shipping with moving and relocating
* Complete daily forklift inspection.
* Conduct inventory of bulk materials and pallets
* Dump trash and pallets into proper roll off dumpster
* Make sure scrap wood, cardboard must be separated and placed into
proper roll off dumpster.
* Recognize and report any equipment problems or defects to
Supervisor and maintenance.
* Recognize and report any safety problems, hazards, accidents, or
incidents to management and safety committee.
Skills and Experience
* Must demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills along with
written and oral communication.
* Computer skills in windows-based programs including Excel and
Word is preferred.
* Proven experience as a forklift operator.
* Other job functions as assigned.
* Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of
* Ability to lift 25-30 lbs when required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO
Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected
Keywords: Hubbell Incorporated, Rocky Mount , Material Handler - Rocky Mount, NC, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!