R3 Night Shift Maintenance Supervisor/Team Lead
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Why Patients Need YouWhether you are involved in the design and
development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting
maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure
customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need
them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help
bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what's
possible and taking action.What You Will AchieveWorking with
Pfizer's dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical part in
managing the maintenance and reliability engineering activities
involving the redesign, maintenance, and repair of utilities
systems, buildings, and production/non-production equipment.As a
Team leader, you will be involved in leading work teams within your
division, including the technical and financial resources of the
team. Thanks to your technical skills, you will coach your direct
reports on day to day activities. You will be relied on to solve
complex problems within your area of expertise.It is your hard work
and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and
help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Manage multiple projects and ongoing work activities within a
- Exemplify (Current) Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP)
compliance within the workplace.
- Prepare department monthly reports, annual expense statements
and ensure operational costs are within budget.
- Focus on overseeing defined processes and guiding maintenance
colleagues and ensure efficiency and standardization of the
- Organize the Breakdown maintenance, perform the breakdown
analysis and implement Corrective Action / Preventative
- Initiate and implement ideas to improve production processes to
improve quality, safety and product costs.
- Ensure adequate communication with key stakeholder groups.
- Lead and participate in investigations and continuous
improvement initiatives, applying tools, such as LEAN manufacturing
and Six Sigma.
- Act as a technical resource during set up, troubleshooting,
ensures adequate information transfer to next shift.
- Coordinate with relevant teams to carry out Periodic
- Ensure a staff training program is in place and verify staff
are trained and fully qualified to perform their
- Education and prior Engineering or Maintenance experience
required for this role. Prior experience to include providing
technical support to the manufacturing processes as well as
operating and maintaining utility systems. Troubleshooting and
resolution of system issues. Performing PMs and implementing
corrective solutions to ensure robust and reliable operations.
Specifics as follows:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/ Technical field with a
minimum of 3+ years prior Engineering or Maintenance experience in
a manufacturing environment and 1+ years demonstrated
- Associates degree in an Engineering/ Technical field with a
minimum of 3+ years prior Engineering or Maintenance experience in
a manufacturing environment and 5+ years demonstrated
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 7+ year prior Engineering
or Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment and 5+
years demonstrated leadership
- Qualifying Military experience may also be considered in lieu
of industrial experience.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, PLC systems.
- Able to read mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Basic understanding of machining, welding and relay logic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability
to effectively communicate at all levels within the
- Intermediate computer skills with use of programs such as Word,
Excel and OutlookNice-to-Have
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Hands on experience with communication protocols
- Strong technical skillsPHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to stand upright for several consecutive hours absent
of any medical restrictions which could restrict completion of
- Able to stand and frequently walk between production
centers/areas to supervise operations.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, carrying and/or
lifting up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- This position works around moving machines, is exposed to
temperature changes and is required to wear personal protective
equipment in certain areas.Additional requirements are line and
product specific.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT
- 12 hour night shift: 7pm - 7am: 2-2-3 rotating schedule
- The work environment ranges from office, to plant, to
- Colleague is frequently exposed to airborne particles and must
work near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Use of
hearing, eye, hand and foot protection is required.
- Personal Protective Equipment applicable to the task and must
be worn at all times. May be a condition of employment.
- Occasional travel between site/facilities locations may be
- Work outside of normal hours may be required on an infrequent
basis to support planned shutdowns or significant production
interruptions.Last date to apply: May 12th, 2022Pfizer requires all
U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the
first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer
will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine
ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health
care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws
and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require
Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a
health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or
other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to
further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting
expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable
transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known
as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who
incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer
that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of
payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you
have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment
EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms
and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify
Keywords: Pfizer, Rocky Mount , R3 Night Shift Maintenance Supervisor/Team Lead, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!