Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning [Remote]
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for
taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates
people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a
key challenge - it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive
decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply
smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help
our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly,
they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more
mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about
using our skills to do good. From data science, to design,
engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and
beyond - we believe in people who believe they can make the world
even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is
* 3+ years of demonstrable expertise building and supporting
machine learning models deployed to production
* Expert in Python and core libraries used by data scientists
(Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib/Seaborn, etc.)
* Experience using Jupyter notebooks
* Experience working with large and/or noisy data sets
Machine Learning Focus
* Scikit-learn expert: This means you have rolled your own
transformers and estimators, which you chained together in a
pipeline and found optimal hyperparameters via a randomized grid
search (or some other method).
* Pandas and Numpy expert: You have used pandas enough to run into
its rough parts. You are fluent with Numpy and array oriented
programming in general.
* Robust techniques: You are deeply familiar with different
validation pitfalls, understand how to effectively ensemble several
models, and have experimented with different hyperparameter
* Modern methods: You have built models using unstructured data
such as text or images. You have built time series models using
econometric approaches as well as machine learning approaches. Deep
algorithmic understanding: You know all the nitty-gritty details of
your favorite machine learning algorithms.
* Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience,
skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
* We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental
income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
* Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a
wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of
PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted
upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid
parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which
may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of
* Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance
each year for professional learning, continuing education, and
* Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be
actively available during core meeting hours from 9:00AM - 3:00PM
pacific time to collaborate with team members across all time
* Some travel may be required after the San Francisco office
* Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to
the SF office for in-person meetings and other gatherings.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: HiRoad, Rocky Mount , Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning [Remote], Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!