Production Supervisor (Day Shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an
international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and
power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around
the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and
equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and
manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early,
and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first
practical method to control electricity through the pull chain
socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in
reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million
products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is
committed to continually innovating solutions that work,
transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we
Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture
of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is
deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility
purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the
business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage
transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used
by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil
construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical
infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to
millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an
option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising
integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our
partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to
ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale
of electrical and electronic products in the United States and
internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power,
and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
*This facility is not climate controlled*
Shift: Day Shift, 4/4 rotation
Supervisors are responsible for all production, quality, production
efficiency, employee performance, safety, and housekeeping of a
given manufacturing department or departments. All work assignments
are to be issued to the employees of the department by the
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure schedule adherence; department employees are present at
the beginning of each shift and in correct work areas. Ensure
manning is in agreement with the scheduled priority.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to
achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve
in all areas.
- Supervise departmental performance measures, including visual
controls and provides regular progress reports to operations
- Perform accident investigations; recommend actions to prevent
reoccurrences of problems.
- Facilitate cross training.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Coordinate with Human Resources any disciplinary actions, which
might be required.
- Spend 80% of shift on the production floor, in assigned
- Leadership: ability to lead people and get results through
- Planning: Ability to plan over a 30-day time span and prepare
action plans to achieve results.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention,
performance review and discipline.
- Monitor and maintain attendance records in E-time.
- Inventory management and production recording in SAP.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage multiple priorities.
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience
- Kaizen training
- Lean training
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including 2nd or
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO
Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Nearest Secondary Market: Rocky Mount
Job Segment: Industrial, ERP, SAP, Production Manager,
Keywords: Hubbell, Rocky Mount , Production Supervisor (Day Shift) - Rocky Mount, NC, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!