Chemical Quality Lab Analyst II (1st shift, Monday-Friday)
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The CQ Lab Analyst II, will perform basic analysis for raw
materials, in process and finished products a safe, compliant, and
efficient manner. The Job responsibilities include performing wet
chemistry and analytical testing to evaluate the quality of the
incoming raw materials and analyze the finished product to
demonstrate that the quality of our products meet the high
standards of quality.
Report testing results through computerized systems, or through
standard laboratory paper-based documentation. Other related duties
essential to these operations or special assignments as
- Consistently adheres to company, site, and laboratory safety
rules and immediately raises any safety issues with supervision as
soon as they are identified.
- Follows procedures at all times, adopting cGMP, cGDP
- Follows supervisor directions at all times.
- Able to function independently, but asks questions as
- Accepts dynamic work sequences
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal direction
- Demonstrate proficiency in computerized systems (Experience and
use of LIMS, Empower are plus).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot analytical methods
- Actively participates in daily and weekly planning discussions
with his/her teammates and supervision (as needed) offering
suggestions to improve RFT and schedule adherence as needed
- Works with supervision and management to identify opportunities
to improve testing efficiencies
- Consistently communicates work sequence status to supervisor in
a timely manner.
- Where scheduled work was not achieved, actively participates in
discussions to identify opportunities for correction and
- Demonstrates engagement in helping to achieve CQ laboratory,
team, and individual goals.
- When faced with roadblocks and issues, routinely offers
suggestions for improvements and actively participates in
associated improvement activities wherever possible
- Is a positive influence on the CQ laboratory, often going out
of his/her way to support and assist teammates on the same shift
and across shifts wherever possible.
- Maintains an on-time training
- Has understanding of basic non-instrumental wet chemistry
techniques, Manual Titrations, pH, Conductivity, Autotitrations,
UV-Vis, Polarimeter as wells as more advanced techniques, i.e. GC,
HPLC, AA, FTIR, etc.
- BS/MS in Chemistry or BS Science Degree required.
- At least 2 years analytical laboratory experience in a GMP
regulated environment (preferred).
- HPLC experience is required.
- Experience in parenteral drug product pharmaceutical
manufacturing is plus.
- Successful hands-on analytical testing experience in a GMP
Stand up for up to 8 hours, sit for up to 8 hours, walking,
climbing stairs, responding to visual warning indicators, respond
to audible warning indicators, respond to color or special visual
indicators, wear specialized protective clothing (lab coat, safety
glasses, gloves, face shield/goggles, apron), repetitive use of
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT
There are no out of the ordinary travel or shift requirements
associated with the position. Individual will be expected to work
nonstandard schedule as needed to support the business
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package: No
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health
care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws
and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require
Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a
health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or
other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to
further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting
expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable
transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known
as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who
incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer
that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of
payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you
have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Quality Assurance and Control
Keywords: Pfizer, Rocky Mount , Chemical Quality Lab Analyst II (1st shift, Monday-Friday), Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!