Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team
of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things
that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an
eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making
it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career
opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Sr. Advanced Design Engineer position is part of the Applied
Engineering group within the CTO organization. The Sr. Advanced
Design Engineer will be part of an engineering group that is
responsible for Class II design changes, Material Review Board
dispositions, material cost savings, productivity improvements,
factory support, etc. of OEM and R&O operations in Rocky Mount,
The ideal candidate would be an experienced engineer with strong
interpersonal skills, as the position demands frequent interaction
with both internal and external customers. The candidate must be
capable of exercising initiative and sound judgment. Must be able
to read complex blueprints, internal/external specs, maintenance
manuals, and other related material in the day to day operation of
- Provide Material Review Board (MRB) dispositions and Class II
design change support to the site to enable continued hardware
- Support Repair and Overhaul workshop, where applicable
- Drive material and productivity savings initiatives in R&O
- Lead Class II design changes to blueprints per customer,
supplier or internal requests to enable product flow
- Identify and implement aggressive cost reduction initiatives
and identify external business opportunities relating to support of
the OEM business
- Operate as a team member in Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma
and Honeywell Operating System (HOS)
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing,
Electrical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited
- 5 years of mechanical engineering experience within the
aerospace or automotive industry
- DFSS Certified, or can gain certification within 6 months
- Lean Expert and Blackbelt certifications
- Proven technical skills in blueprint interpretation and
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, design
drawings and related specifications
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, as the
position demands the ability to represent the site in technical
discussions with customers and/or regulatory agencies.
- Familiarity with the specific Honeywell products listed in the
site capability list
- JOB ID: HRD118240
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3475 Wesleyan Blvd N,Rocky Mount,North
- Relocation Tier: Not Applicable
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 1500
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen due to contractual
- FLSA Statement: In this position you will exercise discretion
and independent judgment on matters of significance.
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.