Instructor, Computer Integrated Machining (12 Month)
Company: Nash Community College
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with
established objectives, effective advisement of students, accurate
record-keeping and reporting, curriculum or course review and
- Provide effective learning experiences for students using a
variety of teaching methods.
- Give students at the beginning of each course a course outline
which lists measurable learning objectives and expected outcomes of
students and which follows the designated outline format of
- Develop and submit up-to-date course outlines to the Department
Chair and Vice President prior to the course being taught.
- Assess on a regular basis the success rate of students in each
class taught, the retention and graduation rate of all advisees and
submit this information to the respective department chair in May
of each year.
- Contact students who are absent from class.
- Schedule regular student contact hours and post schedule prior
to the end of the add period.
- Serve as curriculum student advisor as assigned and verify
readiness for graduation.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely
- Maintain shop and lab safety within current regulations.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional and
office equipment and report any irregularities to department
- Leave classrooms suitable for the next class.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students
enrolled in classes and to submit reports according to the
- Perform assigned duties during registration and extended
- Present to the respective Department Chair recommendations for
improving the instructional programs.
- Furnish input to the Department Chair as to supply, textbook,
resource, and equipment needs for instructional purposes.
- Attend all scheduled faculty meetings unless there is a
conflict with a scheduled class.
- Work with the program advisory committee related to
- Serve on institutional committees and to fulfill committee
- Participate in on-going curriculum review and formal evaluation
and implement necessary changes for improvement.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology and obtain recognized
certification(s) as required in identified software and/or hardware
- Recognize technology-based instructional methodologies
- Instruct, as needed, on-line or technology based course(s) in
keeping with the workload policy.
- Attend annual graduation exercises.
- Use Web Attendance feature of WebAdvisor.
Associate's Degree in Machining Technology, Computer-Integrated
Machining or a related field from a regionally accredited
institution. Experience in the machining field required. Must
possess a minimum of four industry-recognized certification(s),
i.e., National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
certifications, NC3, or must be able to obtain a minimum of four
industry-recognized certifications within 1 year from the date of
hire. Prior experience must include programming and setup of manual
lathes, mills with CNC controllers, CNC machine tools or NIMS
certifications in CNC turning and milling.
A bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology or related field
Nash Community College provides a comprehensive, affordable
insurance and benefits program. We are continuously investigating
new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of our
- State Health Plan
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Additional Supplemental Insurances
- Disability Plan
- NC Retirement Plan
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, Civil and Military, Community
Service, and Voluntary Shared)
- Paid Holidays
- Credit for Prior State Service
- Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Please note: Most temporary (part-time or full-time) employees
do not earn benefits.
Keywords: Nash Community College, Rocky Mount , Instructor, Computer Integrated Machining (12 Month), Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!