The Packaging Section Manager position provides an opportunity
to utilize management skills to successfully support the production
process. Responsibilities will include managing Production
Supervisors and employees. The Manufacturing Section Manager will
be responsible for driving the efficiencies of the overall
manufacturing systems impacting quality operations of their
respective area of operation, including maintenance, batch record,
manufacturing quality, reliability, training, etc. The proper
candidate will have strong organizational and leadership skills to
effectively coordinate and prioritize their own time as well as
staffing time for daily activities to ensure that work projects are
- Coach and mentor the production supervisors and manufacturing
- Actively improve existing systems (batch records, SOPs,
training requirements, financial reporting, etc.).
- Effectively interact with Quality Assurance to maintain quality
requirements of production/ processing.
- Ensure systems are in place and effective for conducting,
evaluating, training and implementing Standard Operating Procedures
for existing production areas.
- Ensure effective management of financial variances, quality
issue resolution and reporting.
- Ensure effective coordination and scheduling of activities to
support respective area of operation.
- Provide assistance in development and review of batch records
of new and existing projects, assist in establishing and orienting
new projects for production as well as initiation of exception
reports as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 7 years of experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity
- cGMP procedures and guidelines is required.
- Strong track record in leading and managing a diverse group of
- Must be detail oriented to prevent errors and/or recognize
- Ability to support QA needs and handle CAPA or OOS
manufacturing issues, able to drive environment to manage to a low
tolerance of deviations or media failures a must.
- Strong technical and operational problem solving is a
- Good computer skills and good knowledge of common PC
spreadsheet and word processing software are required.
- 5 years experience in a pharmaceutical or FDA regulated
industry highly preferred.
- Packaging/finishing experience is preferred.
Stand up to 10-12 hours per shift, twist at waist 20 times per
hour, regularly lift up to 35 pounds per activity 20 times per
shift, occasionally lift a maximum of 50 pounds per activity 10
times per shift, occasionally may lift over 50 pounds with
assistance, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders/walk on catwalks,
repetitive use of upper extremities.
Use computer terminal 2 hours per shift, respond to visual
warning indicators, respond to audible indicators, respond to color
or special visual indicators, work around moving equipment, work on
knees occasionally, wear specialized protective clothing, wear PPE
(safety shoes/glasses/etc), work in hot or cold environment, work
in hearing conservation area
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT
- 3rd shift, 11 pm - 7 am, M-F
- Last date to apply: 6/4/21
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health
care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws
and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require
Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a
health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or
other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to
further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting
expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable
transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known
as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who
incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer
that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of
payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you
have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.