Driver Helper Rocky Mount
Company: US Foods Holding
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Join Our Community of Food People!
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential
duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
We help YOU make it!
Benefitsmedical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance,
strong safety culture, and much more! Benefits start day ONE,
stellar local leadership, best place to work!
US Foods is one of the largest food distributors with a
culture and history of promoting from within, excellent training
programs and a continuous improvement focus.
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lift up to 80 lbs. on consistent basis.
- Load and unload Van for multi-stop deliveries.
- Transport deliveries by driving assigned vehicles.
- Use hand truck and load bar.
- Accurately record delivery information includingoperating a
hand scanner and all company required documentation.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and disposition for
any return product.
- Communicate delivery- customer issues to proper authority
(i.e., Customer Service, Territory Manager, Transportation
- Deliver product to each of the designated stops on using the
stop sequence provided for the day.
- Unload product safely and stage product in the space(s)
designated by customer.
- Check invoice for complete delivery. Process paperwork and
damaged merchandise if any.
- Collect payments if necessary.
- Monitor refrigeration system on van on a consistent basis for
safety; follow all safe food handling procedures
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on a van or tractor
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid commercial drivers license (CDL) class A issued by the
state of legal residence with proper endorsements is required.
- No more than 2 convictions in the past two year period for
traffic violations, no DUI convictions in the past 3 years, no
drivers license suspensions in the past 3 years.
- 1 year multi-stop delivery experience required or 6 month local
delivery experience and/or foodservice industry experience
preferred but not required.
- Hand cart delivery experience preferred.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to
the job and to the safety regulations
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply,
- Must pass pre-employment testing (including items such as Drug
Screen & Background Check)
- Have knowledge of area and/or map reading abilities.
- Use safe lifting and loading techniques
- Great interpersonal/customer service skills
- Availability to work on weekends and Holiday
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the
duties must successfully demonstrate the following
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
At Us Foods We Help Our Customers Make It with Products and
Services That Shape the Communities Where We Live and Work. We Are
Passionate About Demonstrating the Same Commitment to Helping Our
Employees Make It Through Continued Professional Growth
Opportunities and Broad Career Path Potential.
Why Us Foods?
Our Customers' Success Goes Far Beyond Great Food. At Us Foods, We
Work to Exceed Expectations and Give Our Customers the Competitive
Edge They Need. At the Foundation of Those Efforts Are Our Cultural
Beliefs, The Pillars That Define Our Work Ethic, Collaborative
Spirit and Commitment to Service.
At Us Foods, We Are Committed to Compensation and Benefits That
Respect and Reward Our Employees for Their Dedication and Hard
Work. If You Join Our Team, We Provide Flexibility and Options to
Fit Every Stage of Your Career.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability
Keywords: US Foods Holding, Rocky Mount , Driver Helper Rocky Mount, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!