Company: Huttig - Central Florida
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Huttig Building Products is seeking an experienced candidate to
join our warehouse team. Huttig has been one of nation's largest
wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork
for over 133 years. With a vast selection of some of the industry's
top building products and millwork- including doors, windows,
columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with
top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the
The Warehouse Loader is responsible measuring items of outgoing
shipments and verify information against invoices, orders, or other
records. They load materials on outgoing shipments, and prepare the
items for shipment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance with Plan Options
- Paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze shipping notices to determine shipping priorities, work
assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping
- Manage outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy,
completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determine space requirements and position of shipment trucks
and lays out position of orders to be shipped.
- Determine routing and legal road limits of trucks, according to
established schedules and weight limit of states.
- Inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping
specifications, and seals truck doors.
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notify
maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for
- Maintain vehicle maintenance report.
- Compile records of unfilled orders; post weight and shipping
charges; prepare bills of lading.
- Ensure drivers are in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree or
equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products
Certificates, Licenses or Other Requirements
- Forklift certification required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with relevant inventory and manufacturing
- Familiarity with door components and assembly techniques
- Familiarity with finishing products and techniques
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious
- The noise level is usually moderate
- Requires safety equipment such as protective eyewear, earplugs
and safety shoes etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Evening shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Check out what our employees have to say about their career at
Huttig Building Products maintains an alcohol and drug free
workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Huttig - Central Florida, Rocky Mount , Warehouse Loader-13997, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!