Company: Kelly Services
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Test Technician - Temp To hirePay $15 to $25 hr - Depending on
ExperienceLocation: Rocky Mount, NC--Duties
- Perform intermediate-level maintenance on mechanical governors
and governor/ actuators used on various prime movers.
- Ability to disassemble, inspect, reassemble and test governors
and related components as well as understand the relationship
between component failure and normal wear.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, electrical test meters and precision instruments, as well
as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, standard hand drills,
and grinders, etc.-- Operation of the following equipment is a
plus: lathes, welding equipment, jacks, and hoists.
- Experience with small engine parts.--
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure
that the work meets manufacturer's specifications and legislated
- Practice personal safety by using protective gear and safe
procedures in all work areas.
- Experience with Diesel engines such as EMD, Nordberg, Cooper,
3-phase motors, generators, governors, and turbo chargers, MCC and
switchgear is a plus, but not required.
- Overtime may be required at times, based on job requirements
and customer needs.
- Perform electrical testing as assigned.
- Perform basic mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic testing as
- Assist with failure analysis as required.
- Complete required documentation as required--Requirements
- Strong mechanical skills
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and other
- Attention to Detail
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience, mechanical
aptitude, and the ability to work independently with minimum
supervision.--What Experience we look for?
- Mechanic - Working on cars or Trucks
- Diesel Engine Repair
- Maintenance - Electrical and Mechanical
- Pneumatic Experience
- Trade school - Automotive/Electrical/Maintenance
- Military Service: Engine, Maintenance, Electrical/Electronic
RepairApply if you have any of the above experience!Why Kelly--?As
a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and
look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential.
Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know
what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000
people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the
support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career
where you may have never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're
always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new
ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a
leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting
great people with great companies is what we do best, and our
employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill
levels, and industries around the world.Kelly is an equal
opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and
providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts
of the hiring process as required under its Employment
Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet
accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Rocky Mount , Mechanical Position, Other , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!