Assistant, Human Resources (RE-OPENED)
Company: Nash Community College
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description Responsible for performing a variety of general
and confidential duties to support the day-to-day functions of the
Human Resources office, including processing new hire paperwork,
assisting with employee orientation, and understanding employee
Benefits. Will assist in maintaining employee records and
communicate with employees and job applicants. Will assist the
Director of Human Resources as requested. Part-time 25 hours per
week. Essential Responsibilities
- Assist with posting vacant positions on the College's applicant
tracking system and other external job vacancy websites.
- Assist with processing incoming applications on the applicant
tracking system and maintain files on vacancies.
- Correspond with applicants via the applicant tracking system,
phone, and email regarding their application status.
- Field questions concerning available positions.
- Perform general office duties including typing, data entry,
filing, copying, and scanning.
- Responsible for updating forms maintained by Human
- Must be able to keep information confidential.
- Assist with keeping personnel files up-to-date.
- Assist employees with general questions as they related to
leave, timesheets, and benefits.
- Responsible for completing employment verifications.
- Will process the daily HR mail.
- Will monitor the dedicated HR email and respond to emails when
- Will assist with the onboarding and exit interviews of
- Assemble new hire packets and orientation packets.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Assist with annual benefits enrollment.
- Process E-verify for all new hires.
- Assist with set-up and maintenance of personnel information in
- Provide customer service to employees, applicants, and College
- Sends updates to persons responsible for updating other College
- Participate in professional development activities provided by
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the
efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participates in and supports ongoing assessment, planning and
evaluation to improve student learning. Minimum Qualifications
Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Office
Administration or a related field from a regionally accredited
institution. Must have 2 years of office and/or bookkeeping
experience. Part-time positions are not benefit eligible.
Keywords: Nash Community College, Rocky Mount , Assistant, Human Resources (RE-OPENED), Human Resources , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!