Receiving Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift (1500 - 2300)
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Under the general guidance of the Logistics Manager, the Warehouse
Supervisor is responsible for the shift activity of the hourly
warehouse colleagues in achieving the department operational goals.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the receipt, storage,
and movement of inventory to include the handling of schedule II -
IV controlled drugs.
- Demonstrate technical expertise - Understands operational
systems (AS400, Trackwise/gQTS, Kronos, HK systems, SAP, and other
applicable systems of operation). Applies knowledge of systems to
make solid business decisions.
- Interfacing and problem solving with multiple internal
departments; Allows colleagues to solve problems and work
- Colleague development and team building skills - Shows
enthusiasm for helping others improve or develop new skills; has
the ability to mentor and coach colleagues while providing
- Self-directed and self-servicing. Holds self and other
accountable in respect to quality/compliance, processes,
- Adapts to change and has the ability to identify areas of
process improvement around compliance and safety. Serve as a change
agent to produce increased efficiencies and waste reduction.
- Communicates effectively. Exhibits strong verbal and written
skills. Shares information and encourages candid and effective
communication. Ensures that colleagues have access to information
needed to perform tasks effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 2-3 years of leadership experience required.
- Able to supervise a multi-faceted operation, while exercising
leadership, diplomacy, and problem solving skills when coordinating
and working with all levels of employees, including the ability to
manage 12-20 hourly/clerical employees.
- Must have the ability to successfully meet financial and
accuracy parameters, control damaged product, and obtain customer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Visio) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Warehousing preferred.
- Prior work experience in a cGMP regulated facility
- APICS Certification preferred/Green Belt certification
- Experience with SAP or equivalent inventory management software
Walks, climbs stairs, twists at waist 4 times/hour, sits 1-3
hours/shift, stands up 3-4 hours/shift, repetitive use of upper
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This role is a 2nd Shift Position, Monday - Friday, 1500 - 2300.
Must have availability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours
to support business needs.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 15 OCTOBER 2019
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- #LI-PFEN (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Receiving Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift (1500 - 2300), Hospitality & Tourism , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!