Sr. Production Supervisor - 3rd shift; 11p-7a
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Why Patients Need YouOur breakthroughs would not make it to the
hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We
rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the
importance and impact of their role in Pfizer's mission. Patients
need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always
look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and
physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.What
You Will AchieveThe Sr Production Supervisor, Aseptic Filling,
under the general guidance of the Department Manager, in
conjunction with their peers, serves as the first line manager
within the operational areas of the site. They will direct
multi-shift work activities of hourly colleagues in the Aseptic
Filling area. They will be responsible for supervising both manual
and automated processes within an aseptic environment.How You Will
Achieve ItUnder the general guidance of the Department Manager/Lead
the Operations Supervisor, in conjunction with their peers, will
serves as the first line manager within the operational areas of
the site. They will direct multi-shift work activities of hourly
colleague in an assigned operational area of the site to include
the filling, inspection, packaging, assembly and storage of
parenteral liquid drug products and auto-injector medical devices.
They will be responsible for supervising both manual and automated
processes within and/or outside aseptic environments.ROLE
- Supervise colleague work activities in the production of APIs
for pharmaceutical, or biotechnology products or Drug Products in
compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as well as all
federal, state, and local environmental and safety
- Actively engage in colleague development, including timely
performance feedback/appraisals as well as through other aspects of
the performance management process (i.e. 1:1s, IDPs).
- Ensure colleague training is maintained and in compliance with
appropriate procedures, specifications and standards.
- Assist in ensuring units are manufactured to forecasted volume
with the appropriate resources.
- Schedules staffing, optimizing labor available to meet required
product demands of customers within budgeted guidelines,
communicating with and recommending actions to leadership as
- Collaborates cross-functionally with Quality, Maintenance,
Warehouse and other production personnel to ensure information is
properly shared and production remains on schedule.
- Completes operational quality, environmental, and safety
incident investigations as required.
- Actively partners with others, sharing knowledge, problem
solving, and implementing solutions to issues on the manufacturing
- Identifies process improvements and supports continuous
improvement initiatives related to compliance, safety and
production to minimize risk, ensure product quality and reduce
waste through the application of OpEx and IMEx principles.
- Anticipates and reacts to shortages of material, equipment,
personnel, and space to meet schedule and maintain inventory.
- Reviews batch records, supports release of production lots and
ensures product meets quality and quantity standards.
- Maintains and improves labor standards as it relates to having
the proper number of colleagues assigned to each line per the line
standards to meet staffing and financial guidelines.
- Champions a safety culture by aiding in the establishment of
safety rules and instruction. Adheres to safety requirements.
Reports events to EH&S. Ensures events are contained and
appropriate steps are taken to mitigate risk to product and the
- Provides continuous GMP coaching (i.e. aseptic practices, GDP,
visual inspection sequence adherence, etc.) to ensure procedures
and policies are followed and ensure the quality of the
- Assists manager with special projects and other duties as
assigned or neededQualificationsMust-Have
- Applicant must have High School Diploma (or Equivalent) with
eight years of relevant experience;
- OR an Associate's degree with six years of experience;
- OR a Bachelor's degree with at least three years of
- OR a Master's degree with more than one year of
- Demonstrated leadership capability in a pharmaceutical and/or
- Ability to manage, organize, problem solve and manage multiple
priorities in a fast pace environment, while exercising leadership,
diplomacy, and problem-solving skills, coordinating and working
with all levels of Colleagues.
- Able to successfully manage production per accuracy parameters,
controlling damaged product while meeting customer service
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP or equivalent
inventory management software. Proficient with using Microsoft
Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Must possess basic math skills, strong interpersonal skills and
effective communication skills (oral and in written
- Ability to stand upright for several consecutive hours absent
of any medical restrictions which could restrict completion of
- Able to stand and frequently walk between production
centers/areas to supervise operations.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, carrying and/or
lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- This position works around moving machines, is exposed to
temperature changes and is required to wear personal protective
equipment in certain areas.
- Additional requirements are line and product
specific.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT
- Minimum expectation of 40 hours per week, unless otherwise
dictated by management or business needs.
- Able to work traditional and/or split shifts as well as
weekends, holidays and overtime as needed to effectively manage
operations and complete production documentation and schedule.
- May be needed to travel between facilities when necessary.
- Use of eye protection, gloves and other PPE is required.
- Maintaining aseptic area certification may be required. This
includes Aseptic gowning procedures, which requires all body parts
to be completely covered (gowned) for substantial periods of
- Practice and promote a safe work environment at all
timesRelocation support available: YesWork Premises: On SiteLast
date to apply: October 31st 2022Relocation assistance may be
available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer
requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable
law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable
Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other
transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal
and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These
laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies
with information such as a health care provider's name, address and
the type of payments or other value received, generally for public
disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or
regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue,
reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may
constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal
transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if
you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a
result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your
name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be
reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this
matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition
representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to
equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all
employees and job applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender
expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer
also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work
authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements
of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an
Keywords: Pfizer, Rocky Mount , Sr. Production Supervisor - 3rd shift; 11p-7a, Hospitality & Tourism , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!