Retail Supervisor-Tarboro/Rocky Mt Area
Company: Lowe's Home Improvement
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 22, 2021
"By submitting your details via this Indeed job posting, you
authorize Lowe's to contact you and request additional personal
information, as needed, related to the application process. Please
note - you maybe asked to complete an application on the Lowe's
careers site.What You Will Do All Lowe's associates deliver quality
customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and
stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Floor
Department Supervisor, this means:
- Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping
customers provide the best service.
- Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as
providing input into merchandising decisions.
- Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees
on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.The Sales Floor Department
Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team
of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in
the store. This includes coaching and training associates,
delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and
ensuring adequate department coverage. Sales Floor Department
Supervisors are responsible for customer-facing activities (e.g.,
greeting customers, clarifying needs and identifying solutions,
closing sales), non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down
stocking, inventory management, area recovery) and store safety
(e.g., conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding
safety and lifting directions).The Sales Floor Department
Supervisor works with his/her leaders to identify approaches and
behaviors that best meet sales and service objectives, then
communicates those best practices to the team in a way that
inspires engaging, customer-focused behavior and goal attainment.
Further, the Sales Floor Department Supervisor must supervise
associates in other departments, as needed, to meet the demands of
the store. This requires broad product knowledge and the ability to
engage associates and customers across departments. It is important
that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed
of concerns, issues, praises, and morale.In addition to the
responsibilities summarized above, individuals in this role may
occasionally open or close the store or serve as manager-on-duty
(MOD).Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular
travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to
meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores/outlets.What
We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more
hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged
standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance;
may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.What You Need To
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in
a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail
- 1 year of experience in customer service.
- 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro
customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
- Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or
without direct report responsibility).
- Experience supporting or participating in the process of
training, mentoring and developing associates.
- Experience working cross-functionally.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as
may be required by law.Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years of retail customer service experience.
- 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro
customers (Pro and Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
- 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of rental
customers (Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
- Experience managing a Profit and Loss statement (Tool Rental
- Experience working in a tool or other product rental sector
(Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
- Experience in a leadership role with direct report
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail
- Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty
- Experience using store computer systems (including but not
limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client,
etc.).Job Type: Full-timePay: $16.00 - $24.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Required)Experience:
- supervising employees: 2 years (Required)
- retail big box environment: 2 years (Preferred)Language:
- Spanish (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Lowe's Home Improvement, Rocky Mount , Retail Supervisor-Tarboro/Rocky Mt Area, Hospitality & Tourism , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!