Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Location: Roanoke Rapids
Posted on: September 15, 2023
DescriptionProvide your personal attention and kindness,
professional insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise
and encouragement. Enhance each patient's future-as well as your
own. Connect with your goals and change liveswith Fresenius Medical
Care North America.Here, we make connections that empower patients,
their families, and our team members. As the global leader in
dialysis healthcare, we form bonds that enable the best possible
outcomes and professional satisfaction. While our extensive
organization continues to grow, so do opportunities for our
professionals to learn, grow, and advance.Why Join the Fresenius
Team?Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These
are the impressive qualities you'll find in the Fresenius
Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and
extensive global network provide our employees with the best of
both worlds-the friendliness of a local organization and the
stability of a worldwide organization-for diverse experiences and
challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius
Medical Care team, you'll be welcomed into a company that is built
on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset.
Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of
renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at
1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional
support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare - quality control, and
certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and
advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - in
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and
community outreach programs.PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Supports FMCNA's
mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy.
Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all
regulatory and division/company policy requirements. Functions as
part of the hemodialysis health care team in providing safe and
effective dialysis therapy for assigned patients under the direct
supervision of a registered nurse. Participates in the
implementation and evaluation of patient care. Responsible for
reporting and documenting all new or unusual incidents,
information, complaints, or problems to the supervisor. Promotes
and assists in the maintenance of a sage and clean work
environment. DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and
customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
manner. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:Patient Related:
- Provide direct patient care for assigned patient(s).
- Perform all technical aspects of dialysis procedures for
assigned patients as prescribed. Administer and monitor treatments
in accordance with current treatment plan or as directed by the
- Monitor and document dialysis treatment parameters on dialysis
flow sheets. Document other information related to the care of the
patient in the individual patient record.
- Responsible for reporting any significant information, change
in patient condition, or equipment problems to the supervisor.
- Assist in developing and following the teaching plan to educate
the patient and family regarding end stage renal disease, dialysis
therapy, diet and medications.
- Assist with all emergency operational procedures.
- Administer intravenous medication in accordance with physician
orders and state nurse practice laws.
- Perform and document pre, interim, and post treatment review of
- Initiate basic CPR measures in the event of cardiac and/or
pulmonary arrest, and respond to emergency situations related to
- Safely operate all dialysis related equipment according to the
- Provide minor troubleshooting when necessary.
- Ensure a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the dialysis
facility treatment area.
- Ensure all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Operate all emergency equipment effectively in accordance to
the standard operation procedures.Staff Related:
- Participate in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in short term and long term patient care plan
- Acquire information and knowledge in current practice related
to dialysis principals and technique by participating in scheduled
- Act as a resource person for other staff members. Assist with
the coordination of the care plan with Physician, Dietitian and
- Other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility, staff and physicians. The
position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy
lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. This
position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the
employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally
be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment
weighing up to 200lbs., and may lift chemical water solutions of up
to 30lbs., up as high as 5 feet. The position requires travel
between assigned facilities and various locations within the
community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings
may be required.The work environment is characteristic of a health
care facility with air temperature control and moderate noises
levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing (LPN,
- Current appropriate State licensure. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED
- One year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Hemodialysis experience preferred but not required.
- ICU experience preferred but not required.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and
practice of hemodialysis.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification.
- Must complete the Nurses Technical Training Program upon hire
or soon thereafter.
- Ability to provide coverage at area facilities during times of
short-staffing or as required.
- Employees must meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's
Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.EO/AA
Orientation/Gender Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws.
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Rocky Mount , Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN, Healthcare , Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!