Hospice Registered Nurse PRN
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Description -Hospice RN - PRN -1 -2 - Shifts WeeklyStay Safe,
Stay Healthy. Join PruittHealth, where the health and safety of our
workforce is a top priorityWe believe family makes us stronger and
we are committed to keeping our PruittHealth family safe. -If
you're looking for a home, rather than just a job, then now is the
time to join the PruittHealth family of providers. We call our
employees "partners" to represent our commitment to each other. We
are committed to our partners' professional growth and reward
partners who advocate for safety and contribute to quality care and
services. - PruittHealth is one of the first health care companies
in the country to commit to a vaccinated workplace.Why work for
Pruitt HealthHospice is not a job but a calling! -Thanks to our
PruittHealth Hospice caregivers, home is where the healing takes
place. -That's why we attract hospice clinicians who are passionate
about providing the highest quality level of care possible for our
patients. Being a hospice caregiver, takes compassion, integrity,
patience, and leadership skills. - Apply today and make a profound
difference in caring for one patient at a time. -For Your
CommitmentPruittHealth Hospice partners have access to a
progressive salary and -benefits plan, mileage reimbursement,
opportunity for career growth and development, reasonable
caseloads, and a -flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle- plus
a great team environment that reflects our commitment to caring for
our 16,000 partners. - -Job Purpose: - -Screen referral for
appropriateness and perform admission to facilitate the transition
of the patient and family into the hospice program. Also
responsible to Case Manage patients and families to ensure symptom
management, patient and family education, medication management,
coordination of hospice services and provide excellent
-communication with the patient's physician.Key
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for assigned
patients and is -designated to coordinate the implementation of the
plan of care.
- Provides the primary nursing care for hospice patients,
regardless of the setting.
- Assumes full responsibility for professional management of
assigned hospice patients' care related to the patient's terminal
- Teaches the primary caregiver skills that are needed to care
for the patient in their residence.
- Works closely with the attending physician and other team
members to develop appropriate pain and symptom management.
- Completes nursing assessments and admissions of patients.
- Maintains the clinical record to meet federal, state, and
agency regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises hospice aides and certified nurse aides, making a
supervisory visit at least every 14 days, and face to face at least
- Assumes all on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs, team
conferences, and staff meetings.
- Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients/families as
outlined in the plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the patient/family
interdisciplinary care plan.
- For patients residing in a skilled nursing facility, the RN
Case Manager will have responsibility for managing the patients'
symptoms related to the terminal illness.
- Verify by patients visit and review of documentation that the
caregivers in the SNF are carrying out the plan of care as
- Have ultimate responsibility for developing and integrating the
plan of care with the hospice team and the SNF team to assure one
integrated plan of care that reflects the hospice philosophy.
- For patients receiving private home care services, the RN Case
manager shall supervise the certified nursing aide, sitters, and
companion services assigned to patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHS or the
Administrator.Quick Apply Option:To apply please email
firstname.lastname@example.orgQualificationsMinimum Education Required:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or universityMinimum
- A minimum of one (1) years RN experience is desirable.
- Hospice, Home Care, Med/Surg, Oncology -experience is
preferred.Mininum License/Certification Required By Law: - - -
- Currently licensed as an RN in the states where you will
- Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
- Must have certification in basic life support CPR.Preferred
- Ability to work effectively independently and within an
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be
necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. - Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
manner.As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran
status.PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All
new Partners are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
or receive a religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
-PruittHealth Hospice -is a division of the PruittHealth
Corporation, an innovative, family-owned organization. - We're
committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of
services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent
living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy,
infusion services, and more.Job: NursingPrimary Location: North
Carolina-Rocky MountSchedule: PRNShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting: Dec
15, 2022, 9:32:12 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Rocky Mount , Hospice Registered Nurse PRN, Healthcare , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!