Hospice Assistant Administrator
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: June 24, 2022
DescriptionPruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated
employer.Stay Safe, Stay Healthy. Join PruittHealth, where the
health and safety of our workforce is a top priority -We believe
family makes us stronger and we are committed to keeping our
PruittHealth family safe. - If you're looking for a home, rather
than just a job, then now is the time to join the PruittHealth
family of providers. We call our employees "partners" to represent
our commitment to each other. We are committed to our partners'
professional growth and reward partners who advocate for safety and
contribute to quality care and services. - PruittHealth is one of
the first health care companies in the country to commit to a
vaccinated workplace.Why work for Pruitt HealthHospice is not a job
but a calling! Thanks to our PruittHealth Hospice caregivers, home
is where the healing takes place. -That's why we attract hospice
clinicians who are passionate about providing the highest quality
level of care possible for our patients. Being a hospice caregiver,
takes compassion, integrity, patience, and leadership skills. -
Apply today and make a profound difference in caring for one
patient at a time. -For Your CommitmentPruittHealth Hospice
partners have access to a progressive salary and -benefits plan,
mileage reimbursement, opportunity for career growth and
development, reasonable caseloads, and a -flexible schedule that
fits your lifestyle- plus a great team environment that reflects
our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners. - -Job Purpose:To
assist the administrator in the day to day operations of the
programs. -Key Responsibilities:
- Assists the administrator in assigned tasks to support the
organization of the agency to comply with regulatory and legal
requirements to operate a hospice.
- Organizes the agency's ongoing functions under the direction of
the hospice administrator, including establishment of
administrative procedures and maintenance of records.
- Follows all company policies and procedures, state, and federal
laws and regulations, and charged with reporting violations to the
- Carries out all duties with a "Committed to Caring" attitude
and in accordance with the company's mission, vision, and
- Maintains confidentially of company information.
- Demonstrates integrity at all times.
- Able to respond to change productively and handle additional
projects as assigned.
- Able to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this job
(with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific
or current risk of substantial harm to the health and safety of
self and others.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team, Performance
Improvement, Utilization Review, and Peer Review Program of the
- Must get along with co-workers; maintain effective
relationships with management staff, employees, and the general
- Coordinates with the administrator to recruit, employ, orient,
and educate partners to meet the needs of the patients
- Facilitates system for communication among the hospice staff,
hospice care team, and patients/family unites and/or legal
guardians/representatives when applicable.
- Responsible for partner oversight in regards to compliance with
the completion of annual training and education programs, including
the defining of the agency services and the explanation of specific
- Assists the hospice administrator in implementation of the
budget including assistance in the monthly financial reports,
annual financial report, maintenance of payroll records, and
meeting the agency's budgeted financial and census goals.
- Actively participates in community relations for Hospice and
serves as its representative on civic and professional boards.
- Directly represents United Hospice to the medical community and
community-at-large through public speaking, census development, and
- Ensures compliance with the agency census and Start of Care
goals through direct and indirect marketing strategy.
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned by the
Administrator. - - -KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Participate in center/agency surveys and any subsequently
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to
keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain
current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory inservices.
- Honor patients/residents' rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational
hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire
protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks
and/or working with equipment.
- Administratively responsible for ensuring "Tenet Time" is
presented and discussed with all partners on a daily basis.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by
supervisor.QualificationsMinimum Education Required:
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a
healthcare field, human services administrative area, or has served
as a hospice administrator under a state approved hospice and home
care program or has equivalent administrative work experience in a
- Current Professional License as applicable.
- Current Driver's License and Automobile Liability
Insurance.Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of two years hospice management experience.Preferred
- Attendance - must maintain timely, regular attendance.
- Professional appearance.
- Skills in supervisory relationships and communication
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must have a commitment to and understanding of the hospice
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. - Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
manner. -Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption
required by date of hireFamily Makes Us Stronger. Our family, your
family, one family. Committed to loving, giving, and caring. United
in making a difference. We are eager to connect with you! Apply Now
to get started at PruittHealth!As a condition of employment at
PruittHealth, all employees are required to provide proof of
COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer,
all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
veteran status.Job: AdministrativePrimary Location: North
Carolina-Rocky MountSchedule: Full-timeShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jun 8, 2022, 11:08:18 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Rocky Mount , Hospice Assistant Administrator, Healthcare , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!