Hospice RN Case Manager
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 23, 2021
DescriptionSign on Bonus $ 15,000.00RN Hospice Case Manager,
Rocky MT Stay Safe, Stay Healthy. Join PruittHealth, where the
health and safety of our workforce is a top priorityWe believe
family makes us stronger and we are committed to keeping our
PruittHealth family safe. If you're looking for a home, rather than
just a job, then now is the time to join the PruittHealth family of
providers. We call our employees "partners" to represent our
commitment to each other. We are committed to our partners'
professional growth and reward partners who advocate for safety and
contribute to quality care and services. PruittHealth is one of the
first health care companies in the country to commit to a
vaccinated workplace.Why work for Pruitt HealthHospice is not job
but a calling! Thanks to our PruittHealth Hospice caregivers, home
is where the healing takes place. That's why we attract hospice
clinicians who are passionate about providing the highest quality
level of care possible for our patients. Being a hospice caregiver,
takes compassion, integrity, patience, and leadership skills. Apply
today and make a profound difference in caring for one patient at a
time. For Your CommitmentPruittHealth Hospice partners have access
to a progressive salary and benefits plan, mileage reimbursement,
opportunity for career growth and development, reasonable
caseloads, and a flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle- plus a
great team environment that reflects our commitment to caring for
our 16,000 partners. JOB PURPOSE: Screen referral for
appropriateness and perform admission to facilitate the transition
of the patient and family into the hospice program. Also
responsible to Case Manage patients and families to ensure symptom
management, patient and family education, medication management,
coordination of hospice services and provide excellent
communication with the patient's physician.KEY
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for assigned
patients and is designated to coordinate the implementation of the
plan of care.
- Provides the primary nursing care for hospice patients,
regardless of the setting.
- Assumes full responsibility for professional management of
assigned hospice patients' care related to the patient's terminal
- Teaches the primary caregiver skills that are needed to care
for the patient in their residence.
- Works closely with the attending physician and other team
members to develop appropriate pain and symptom management.
- Completes nursing assessments and admissions of patients.
- Maintains the clinical record to meet federal, state, and
agency regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises hospice aides and certified nurse aides, making a
supervisory visit at least every 14 days, and face to face at least
- Assumes all on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs, team
conferences, and staff meetings.
- Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients/families as
outlined in the plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the patient/family
interdisciplinary care plan.
- For patients residing in a skilled nursing facility, the RN
Case Manager will have responsibility for managing the patients'
symptoms related to the terminal illness.
- Verify by patients visit and review of documentation that the
caregivers in the SNF are carrying out the plan of care as
- Have ultimate responsibility for developing and integrating the
plan of care with the hospice team and the SNF team to assure one
integrated plan of care that reflects the hospice philosophy.
- For patients receiving private home care services, the RN Case
manager shall supervise the certified nursing aide, sitters, and
companion services assigned to patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHS or the
Administrator. QualificationsMinimum Education Required:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or universityMinimum
- A minimum of one (1) years RN experience is desirable.
- Hospice, Home Care, Med/Surg, Oncology experience is preferred.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required by Law:
- Currently licensed as an RN in the states where you will
- Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
- Must have certification in basic life support CPR.Preferred
- Ability to work effectively independently and within an
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be
necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
manner. Quick Apply Option:Please email resume to:
email@example.com As an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or veteran status.PruittHealth is a COVID-19
vaccine-mandated employer. All new Partners are required to provide
proof of COVID-19 vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated
within 30 days of employment. We will consider medical and/or
religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis. PruittHealth Hospice
is a division of the PruittHealth Corporation, an innovative,
family-owned organization. We're committed to providing exceptional
care across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing
care, assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice
care, rehabilitation, pharmacy, infusion services, and more. Job:
NursingPrimary Location: North Carolina-Rocky MountSchedule:
Full-timeShift: 1st ShiftJob Posting: Oct 12, 2021, 4:03:26 AM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Rocky Mount , Hospice RN Case Manager, Healthcare , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!