Lab Analyst III
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: December 5, 2019
The Lab Analyst III performs basic analysis for raw materials, in
process, finished products, and/or TSR/validation/investigational
testing in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner. The job
- Performing wet chemistry and analytical testing to evaluate the
quality of the incoming raw materials and analyze the finished
product to demonstrate that the quality of our products meet the
high standards of quality.
- Reports testing results through computerized systems, or
through standard laboratory paper-based documentation. Other
related duties essential to these operations or special assignments
- Provides technical support as necessary to the assigned
laboratory. Investigates, analyzes, problem solves, and
communicates technical information to internal and external
customers. Other related duties essential to these operations or
special assignments as required.
- Trains and supports inexperienced analysts, working as a
Certified Fellow Employee and mentor to aid in their development as
- Consistently adheres to company, site, and laboratory safety
rules and immediately raises any safety issues with supervision as
soon as they are identified.
- Follows procedures at all times, adopting current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current Good Documentation
- Able to function independently, but asks questions as
necessary; follows supervisor directions at all times.
- Accepts dynamic work sequences.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal direction.
- Must have strong technical and/or leadership skills.
- Routinely participates in daily Shift Handover and/or Chemical
Quality (CQ) Performance huddles, including discussions on
improving planning communication, and teamwork efforts in the CQ
laboratory (where applicable for function).
- Actively participates in daily and weekly planning discussions
with his/her teammates and supervision (as needed) offering
suggestions to improve Right First Time and schedule adherence as
- Works with supervision and management to identify opportunities
to improve testing efficiencies and actively participates in
subsequent related projects.
- Consistently communicates work sequence status to supervisor in
a timely manner.
- Where scheduled work was not achieved, actively participates in
discussions to identify opportunities for correction and
improvement and actively works on efforts to recover adherence
- Demonstrates engagement in helping to achieve CQ laboratory,
team, and individual goals.
- When faced with roadblocks and issues, routinely offers
suggestions for improvements and actively participates in
associated improvement activities wherever possible
- Is a positive influence on the CQ laboratory, often going out
of his/her way to support and assist teammates on the same shift
and across shifts wherever possible.
- Maintains on-time training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related Science field
- 4+ years analytical laboratory experience in a GMP regulated
environment OR 3 years analytical laboratory experience with a
Masters Degree/PhD in a related field required.
- Successful hands-on analytical testing experience in a GMP
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to
multi-task across projects and activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computerized systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot analytical methods
- Has understanding of basic non-instrumental wet chemistry
techniques, Manual Titrations, pH, Conductivity, Auto-titrations,
UV-Vis, Polarimeter as wells as more advanced techniques, i.e. GC,
HPLC, AA, FTIR, etc.
- Experience in parenteral drug product pharmaceutical
manufacturing is plus.
- Certified Fellow Employee trained/Control Drug Agent status is
- Experience and use of LIMS, Empower are preferred.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 09 DECEMBER 2019
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Quality Assurance and Control
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Lab Analyst III, Healthcare , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!