Company: OIC, Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: November 10, 2019
DEPARTMENT: Dental Health Services FLSA: Full-Time (Possible
Part-Time Opportunities Available) DURATION: Open Until Filled
HIRING RANGE: Competitive; Compensatory with Experience POSITION
PURPOSE The Dentist is responsible for providing oral care for
patients including preventative and restorative oral procedures.
Provides general information to help prevent problems with teeth
and gums. Promotion to Dental Director possible for experienced
candidate. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examine teeth, gums, and related tissues, using dental
instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate
dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan
- Formulate plan of treatment for patient's teeth and oral
- Use air turbine and hand instruments, dental appliances and
- Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care,
the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care
- Design, impress, adjust and cement prosthodontic appliances
such as space maintainers, bridges, and dentures, or write
fabrication instructions or prescriptions for laboratory
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of
teeth, gums and related oral structures, and provide preventive and
- Fill pulp chamber and canal with endodontic materials.
- Write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
- Analyze and evaluate dental needs to determine changes and
trends in patterns of dental disease.
- Treat exposure of pulp by pulp capping, removal of pulp from
pulp chamber, or root canal, using dental instruments.
- Eliminate irritating margins of fillings and correct
occlusions, using dental instruments.
- Perform oral and periodontal surgery on the jaw or mouth.
- Remove diseased tissue using surgical instruments.
- Apply fluoride and sealants to teeth.
- Manage and supervise staff.
- Maintain accurate documentation of procedures, referrals,
prescriptions and treatment rendered for patients.
- Bleach, clean or polish teeth to restore natural color.
- Plan, organize, and maintain dental health programs.
- May produce and evaluate dental health educational
- Provide after-hours emergency counseling or care as needed
beyond normal business hours. QUALIFICATIONS Must be licensed to
practice in NC and have completed a dental education program
accredited by the American Dental Association on Dental
Accreditation (ADA CODA). Experience with pediatric patients is
preferred. Please submit all inquiries or resumes to the OIC HR
Department. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER OIC, Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to
applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions
based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to
characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion,
gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political
affiliation and/or any other status protected by law. DIVERSITY
STATEMENT OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout
our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture.
A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally
appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC,
Inc.'s vision and goals.
Keywords: OIC, Inc., Rocky Mount , Dentist/Dental Director, Executive , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!