Operational Excellence Director
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: May 11, 2019
The Operational Excellence Director will lead all site performance
and process improvement activities as measured by the Balanced
Scorecard. The Operational Excellence Director will lead direct and
indirect reports by utilizing quality and process improvement tools
as part of daily responsibilities. This individual will ensure the
authenticity, efficacy, and viability of the manufacturing process
by defining optimal manufacturing processes and setting standards
to achieve performance goals. While the Op Ex Director is directly
accountable for all site cost improvement programs, including labor
(direct/indirect), materials, quality, and equipment, He/she has
the responsibility to collaborate with site stakeholders to ensure
meaningful action plans are in place to advance Quality and
Delivery performance. This position is also responsible for
preparation and publication of meaningful, accurate, and current
performance data and facilitates/participates in the Plant
Strategic Planning (3-5 years) process and performance goals
settings (1 year) to ensure meaningful sequencing and
prioritization of performance improvement actions.
- Directs, coordinates and coaches Process Improvement Leads in
providing means for controlling and revising the manufacturing
process in a systematic, well documented, and consistent manner to
support optimal manufacturing processes.
- Maintains global standard of performance including KPI
management, standardized training platforms, coaching of entire
site, including site leadership, on site process improvement tools
and activities, application of standard process improvement tools,
and leadership standard work.
- Owns the site cost improvement goals resulting from process and
quality improvements (including identification, development of
justification, resource identification and allocation and
- Monitors and analyzes scorecard results and trends and
collaborates and provides leadership and direction to functional
peers, based on the needs of organization, to ensure meaningful
action plans are in place to close performance gaps.
- Prepares and publishes meaningful, accurate, and current
performance data and facilitates site performance discussions and
- Facilitates/participates in the Plant Strategic Planning (3-5
years) process and performance goals settings (1 year) to ensure
meaningful sequencing and prioritization of performance improvement
- Provide recommendations on optimal manufacturing processes as
required supporting daily operations and coordinating the writing,
routing, and approval of standard process/work instructions.
- Incumbent will report directly to the site Director of
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree is required and a technical discipline is
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is
- Minimum 10 years of lean six sigma application experience is
required, preferably in a highly regulated environment.
- 10 years of direct and indirect report/ management
responsibility in Engineering / Quality / Manufacturing is
- Minimum 6 years of direct and indirect cost accountability and
budget development/ownership is required.
- Successful track record of implementing global continuous
improvement and quality initiatives that resulted in sustained
improved performance and cultural change.
- Leadership and communication skills required to achieve results
in a functional organization.
- Master's Degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Master Black Belt / Black Belt certification is preferred.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 2/8/2019
- Additional Location Information: Rocky Mount, NC
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Operational Excellence Director, Executive , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!