Vice President, Payments
Company: Truliant Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Truliant's mission is to improve lives by putting our members
first, providing great service and straightforward financial
solutions. Our core values of Member Focus, Service, Guidance,
Relationships, and Community define how we interact with members to
fulfill our mission of improving lives and providing a foundation
on which we conduct ourselves. Our Promise to Our Teammates:
Truliant strives to provide all teammates with an enjoyable place
to work where they feel valued, empowered and rewarded for all that
they do. Purpose of the Job
The Vice President, Payments is responsible for the architecture
and vision of Truliant's enterprise card payment strategy and
payment transformation. This role will oversee and execute the
cards and payments business plan to ensure overall contribution to
the organization. In addition, this role will provide vision,
leadership, and direction in the planning and implementation of
organizational goals and priorities, and contribute to leadership
decisions on key strategic and operational matters of the Truliant
and its membership. This role will manage and influence all aspects
of card and payment product lifecycles, including business and risk
analysis. Responsibilities also include monitoring and maintaining
existing portfolios by ensuring product offerings are competitive,
current, member segment applicable, and meet member experience
expectations. This role develops and implements strategic plans for
the program and facilitates close partnerships with internal and
external partners. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) to direct
overall card services operations and strategy through active
participation with Senior Management, Board of Directors, external
service organizations and vendors.
- Provides vision, leadership and direction in the planning and
implementation of credit union card programs.
- Manages relationships with our issuing partners and
cross-functional support staff, and designs and executes on a
clearly defined strategy for the continued build and growth of the
- Identifies new opportunities and strategies to drive and
incorporate new feature functionality to expand usage of debit,
credit and digital payment products.
- Develops and executes payment product strategy, market
expansion, and go-to-market activities across multiple key payment
- Leads, directs and controls the operational activities of card
services, payments and money movement for Truliant.
- Evaluates payments performance and the program through business
controls, processes, reporting and ongoing measurements.
- Implements changes to improve program performance, efficiency
- Creates portfolio management strategies to maximize portfolio
growth across all member contact points; collaborates with internal
departments as needed in the execution of such strategies.
- Designs, develops and oversees cardholder management programs
including: credit line increase programs, new and dormant account
activation, account upgrade strategies, and balance build
- Accountable for all credit card balance transfer programs for
new and existing members.
- Accountable for portfolio yield management and pricing
initiatives including seasonal promotions and utilization
- Accountable for the management of all customer rewards
programs, including responsibility for rewards expense budget and
reserve, pricing of offerings, promotion, and working with third
party vendors including fulfillment agencies.
- Monitor and assess market trends of the payment product
portfolio relevant delivery methods, member benefits, and
- Develop, maintain and execute the payments roadmap.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement opportunities to enhance our
competitive position and member experience.
- Partners with key organizational stakeholders to strengthen
risk management and control strategies, enhancements in credit
policy, and portfolio-wide analytics and reporting.
- Partners closely with risk management to monitor risk and fraud
- Provides recommendations to management on policies, process
improvements, quality and compliance controls.
- Ensures all credit card lending activity is in compliance with
established policies and regulations. Also ensures that credit card
lending procedures are maintained up to date.
- Keeps management informed regarding key operational issues
affecting the department or the Credit Union.
- Lead strategic enterprise partnerships including payment and
- Negotiate and manage cards and payment contracts.
- Leads the annual performance review process for their team,
including writing and delivering reviews.
- Interviews candidates for open positions, as needed.
- Assists in developing department budget and is responsible for
adhering to fiscal guidelines. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Must have extensive knowledge of credit/debit card and payment
processing systems, and working knowledge of loan portfolio
- Must have expertise in defining and building out Product
strategy and roadmap
- Must have thorough understanding of digital and mobile
- Must have advanced understanding of credit union operations,
financial products, services and delivery systems
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both
verbal and written
- Must have superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along
with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible,
- Must understand and have knowledge of payment card network
operating rules and regulations
- Must have strong mathematical skills
- Must be able to resolve member disputes and coach others
- Must be able to lead and motivate teams
- Must have PC skills, with intermediate level knowledge on
Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have ability to work well under pressure in a
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within
the credit union
- Must be detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent
service to Truliant's members Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 7+ years previous managerial experience required, 3 years of
which in a senior management role
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with credit and payment
processing systems required
- 10+ years of experience in delivering and expanding credit
card, debit card, or payment portfolios
- Experience in strategic growth or other relevant strategy
experience, including but not limited to consumer credit card
business model and technology disruption and digital transformation
- 5-7 years financial industry experience preferred If you have a
passion for member service and would like to invest in a meaningful
career with opportunity for growth, we encourage you to apply to
Truliant! As a member of the Truliant family, you will enjoy the
following full time benefits:
- No-cost employee Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Prescription benefits (including mail order)
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan with contribution matching
- Retirement/pension plan
- Paid community involvement volunteers hours
- Paid group life Insurance
- Teammate loan discounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short and long-term disability
- Health & Wellness program
- Teledoc (physician video conferencing)
- Onsite fitness facilities or health club reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical flexible spending account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
Keywords: Truliant Federal Credit Union, Rocky Mount , Vice President, Payments, Executive , Whitakers, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!