Director of Operations
Company: Young World Physical Education
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Looking to become a licensed teacher in North Carolina? Our
friends at TeachNC offer free tools and resources for future
teachers like you. Click here to learn more!
- Job ID: 4079409
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted: November 7, 2022
- Starting Date: Immediately Enter your email to receive job
alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job
Description Position DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: - Director of
OperationsFLSA: Exempt AdministrativeTERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month employment based on school board approved school
- Bachelor degree (Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business, or
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Certificate/experience in construction processes, facility
maintenance, HVAC, lawncare, plumbing, and floor maintenance
- Two to five years of managerial experience
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating,
program development, and task facilitation -
- Qualified or have the ability to become qualified in food
service managementMAJOR POLICY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operation of Facilities and Grounds,
Transportation, Custodial Services, Child Nutrition, Maintenance,
and Technology -
- Ensure compliance with district operational regulations and
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and state regulations and
Board of Education policies
- Accountable for the administration of the fiscal budget,
supplies and equipment, and safety standards
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation and
analysisESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate with the Director of Human Resources to recruit,
interview, and hire qualified individuals.
- Assist in the planning and organization of inservice activities
for direct reports and staff.
- Work with program supervisors and campus administrators in
coordination of work schedules, personnel issues, and programs to
enhance the job performance.
- Oversee the outsourcing of contracts for various projects
throughout the district.
- Maintain effective communication with district administrators,
staff, students, parents, and community members.
- Assist the Superintendent with the daily decisions regarding
the operation of the facilities and grounds, maintenance, custodial
services, technology, child nutrition, and transportation.
- Assist in the development of long-range plan for maintenance
and renovation of district facilities.
- Responsible for orchestrating and obtaining RFP and RFQ for
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Lead in the preparation of specifications for repair,
renovation, and restoration of facility and grounds.
- Assist the Superintendent with the daily decisions regarding
the operation of the facility and grounds.
- Maintain an accurate district map with individual school
- Participate in the development and periodic reviews of pupil
transportation operational rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Coordinate the logistics for educational and athletic field
- Oversee the daily custodial and sanitation services.
- Provide guidance relating to procedures and processes
pertaining to facility cleaning and sanitation.
- Lead the management of child nutrition services per established
- Manage all aspects associated with employee benefits
(enrollment and claims).
- Manage safety and security procedures in compliance with
- Oversee the information technology area in collaboration with
contracted service employee.OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in professional conferences, inservice sessions,
etc. to keep abreast of current practices.
- Operate the programs in accordance with Federal and State
Department guidelines and School Board of Education regulations and
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Improve the operations systems, processes and policies in
support of Rocky Mount Preparatory School (RMP)
mission-specifically, support better management reporting,
information flow management, business process, and organizational
- Participate in the development of the RMP plans and programs as
a strategic partner in the community.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning,
introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and
procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve
the overall operation and effectiveness of RMP.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the
Board as an effective developer of solutions to business
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision
making issues affecting the organization, i.e., evaluation of
potential alliances, collaborations, partnerships.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and
initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting
mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating
- Evaluate the fiscal structure and team plan for continual
improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the school as
well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth
with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of
- Oversee the development of the charter school calendar for
educational programs, PTA meetings, special functions, and school
- Maintain effective communication with division
- Attend meetings as required.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head of School or his/her
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Category : Administrator >
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Rocky Mount , Director of Operations, Executive , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!