Manufacturing Quality Engineer 12 Hr Night Shift
Company: Pfizer Inc.
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: July 31, 2019
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer provides oversight and guidance
in R1 Filling including SVP, LVS, Flex / Vis IV, and Part Fill
manufacturing operations, ensuring continuous facility and GMP
compliance. The Manufacturing Quality Engineer will coach
manufacturing personnel on proper GMP and SOP compliance and
empower them to identify and escalate quality issues, to ensure
- Conduct evaluations and oversight of production personnel and
processes to ensure procedures are being followed in accordance
with GMP compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Implement process improvements with a focus on quality
- Provide input and decision making for quality on the shop floor
with regard to manufacturing and deviations. Provide corrective
action as necessary.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and other support functions to
troubleshoot during unexpected events.
- Complete projects as identified by management.
- BA/BS required (science degree preferred).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record of
teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative required.
- Strong oral/written communications skills and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel throughout
- Capable of rapidly absorbing technical data and ability to
apply this knowledge to a pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Available to work off-shifts and/or weekends.
- 1 year of pharma and/ or quality experience is strongly
- Clean room environment experience is preferred.
- Aseptic experience is preferred.
Stand up to 8 to 10 hours, sit up to 2 to 4 hours, occasionally
lift a maximum of 20 pounds 3 times per shift, walking and climbing
stairs, work around and close to moving equipment. Use computer
terminal up to 6 hours per shift, respond to visual warning
indicators, respond to audible indicators, respond to color or
special visual indicators, work around moving equipment, work on
knees occasionally, wear specialized protective clothing, wear PPE
(safety shoes/glasses/etc), work in hot or cold environment, work
in hearing conservation area.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- 12 hour night shift rotating schedule (includes weekends).
Shift is from 7 pm to 7 am on a 3/2/2 schedule.
- Ability to work overtime as required supporting business
- Ability to gown aseptically for entry into the Aseptic core
- Ability to follow area specific gowning requirements for entry
in to the Terminally Sterilized areas and/or other classified
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse your name, address and the amount of payments made
currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions
regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your
Talent Acquisition representative.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 8/5/2019
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus R (Rotating) (United
States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each
jurisdiction in which it operates.
Keywords: Pfizer Inc., Rocky Mount , Manufacturing Quality Engineer 12 Hr Night Shift, Engineering , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!