Continuous Improvement Engineer - Rocky Mount, NC
Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Location: Rocky Mount
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount NC 27804
This position will be responsible for leading Kaizen and other Lean events as well as identifying Lean initiatives and opportunities within the Rocky Mount, NC manufacturing site. In addition, this position will assist in training and developing employees within the location on Lean concepts and tools, allowing individuals to drive Continuous Improvements within their departments.
Candidate must be a highly motivated and independent worker who has a passion for Continuous Improvement and the development of others. Position will offer complex challenges that require in-depth data analysis, original thinking, persistence, and a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops Continuous Improvement strategies by translating business objectives into actionable projects
* Communicates and exemplifies the company's Continuous Improvement philosophy, vision, and expectations
* Champions and shares Lean and Continuous Improvement best practices through the organization
* Acts as a Lean/Continuous Improvement business partner to all departments and levels (top leadership to shop floor and office), challenging processes, proposing ideas, and driving change
* Acts as a change agent around Continuous Improvement opportunities
* Trains teams and individuals in improvement processes, optimizes floor layout and material flow using Lean concepts
* Implements and utilizes Sustainment Techniques (SQDC, 30 Day Follow- Up Meetings, Steering Committee, and Sustainment Metrics etc.)
* Develops employee training and development on Lean Manufacturing and Lean Office concepts
* Develops a Lean culture throughout the location
* Hands-on active position that leads from the floor
* Leads DMAIC problem-solving teams
* Prepares Lean savings budget and coordinates/executes actions to reach targets
* Acts a Project Manager for Lean and Continuous Improvement-related projects
* Leads and supports Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives for current business and develops plans and recommendations for future business, including layout, flow and people allocation
* Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, lead-time, and inventory
* Identifies quality improvement opportunities
* Evaluates workflow and cell design, and develops improvements to enhance productivity and safety
* Looks for opportunities to maximize efficiency and reduce waste
* Leads value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas
* Designs and leads projects to implement Continuous Improvement actions and achieve future state
* Tracks and executes cost reduction on process improvements
* Documents and communicates improvements in manufacturing and office costs, efficiency, and utilization
Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 3 years Lean Manufacturing and Lean Office experience required
* Exposure to and thorough understanding of a Lean Environment and Tools; Value Stream Mapping, 5S implementation, root cause analysis, FMEA, DMAIC problem solving, etc.
* Good financial acumen
* Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering or related field
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt minimum, Black Belt preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Keywords: Hubbell Incorporated, Rocky Mount , Continuous Improvement Engineer - Rocky Mount, NC, Engineering , Rocky Mount, North Carolina
here to apply!